Car Accident Injuries in Kentucky
Were You Injured in an Accident?
If you were injured in a car accident, or worse, if your family member was killed in a collision, we urge you to contact a Kentucky car accident attorney from Kirk Law Firm, PLLC.
We have represented car accident victims in Kentucky since 1971, and we have made it our life's work to bring justice to injury victims and to help them receive the compensation they desperately needed and deserved. If your life has been turned upside-down by an accident, we want to help.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
There are several types of car accident injuries, and while the injuries vary, speed plays a role in the severity of an accident victim's injuries. Car accident injuries generally fall into the following categories:
- Head injuries: Head injuries can include mild concussions, penetrating injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and injuries that lead to permanent disability or a vegetative state.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause temporary to permanent paralysis. A serious spinal cord injury can make it so the victim has no feeling or control below the injury site, which can lead to paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Neck and back injuries: Neck injuries can range from whiplash to neck strain, cervical dislocation and disc injury. Back injuries include sprains and strains, but can also involve herniated discs which can limit mobility and cause extreme pain and discomfort.
- Internal injuries: The force of a crash can cause internal injuries such as fractured ribs, punctured lungs, and injuries to the kidneys, spleen, bowels, lungs, heart or aorta. Internal injuries are life threatening and require emergency medical treatment.
- Facial injuries: There are an array of factors that can cause facial injuries in car accidents. The glass in shattered windshields can disfigure a face, while facial injuries can also be sustained by side windows, airbags, and impact with the dashboard. Some people experience serious jaw disorders and dental injuries.
- Psychological injuries: Car accidents involving serious injuries or fatalities can cause drivers and passengers to experience short or long-term psychological injuries including anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress and fear of driving or riding in vehicles.
Contact a Kentucky Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love were injured in a car accident, contact Kirk Law, PLLC for help. We have extensive experience negotiating with major insurance companies and if the other side is unwilling to offer you a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to trial.
When your future is depending on the size of your recovery, you need to have a reputable attorney representing your interests during the claims process.